Getting married outside

Wedding ceremony at the Haybarn

Please note that the Haybarn does not have a licence for a civil wedding. You would need to have the legal part of your wedding done at a registry office beforehand to say the legally binding bit.

We will review this in 2022, should we have sufficient demand to justify the renewable licence costs.

Exchange vows on site / Celebrant

Once you have done the legally binding words at the registry office, a personalised ceremony with a Celebrant at the Haybarn can done. You can compose and read your own vows, you can have readings, even performances as part of your ceremony. You can set the tone that’s right for you and choose your own words and music, or hire the services of a professional celebrant.

We have a beautiful Aok gazebo by the river with large decking area for you to use,
or if you prefer the outdoor thmese, you can use the area under our 300 year old Ash tree.

A perfect solution for couples who would like

  • A meaningful personalised ceremony that isn’t religious
  • Marry outdoors at a location that isn’t licensed for civil weddings
  • The flexibility to create a personal ceremony that is unique to you
  • To get to know the person who will be conducting your wedding
  • To celebrate your marriage with family and friends but without legally registering it, perhaps you have already undertaken the formalities overseas, for example.

Non religious ceremony

A non religious marriage ceremony outside is possible in England.
Many choose to be married under the cover of a licensed gazebo, licenced pavilion etc it does have to be a fixed and permanent structure and must be a licensed venue. Although you can choose an outside location as long as the legal vows are completed under the cover of a licenced room. The Haybarn wedding venue is not currently licensed for this.